Sunday, March 20, 2011

what “mashes” my gears

So race season started yesterday with the Johnny cake lane series and I wish I had better things to say about the group B race. My goal this year is to advance to the cat 3’s. Hopefully future races to not entail crappy tactics by racers that believe they do not have to abide by the rules of the race.

For me this race was to be a real test of where I was at in my training, and I came away pretty content with my effort. For the 1st few laps I was at the front 10-15 racers and holding my position well. Then the shenanigans started and the race official was constantly yelling us at that he would end our race. At this point I had moved back to about 20-25 position, maybe even 30th wheel, seeing racers started using the other lane as a way to get to the front. I know there was one girl, a hell of a rider, who made this move several time throughout the race. REALLY wish the official would have DQed these individuals! These individuals push racers like me who follow the rules, to the back, giving them a better result (on paper), by cutting corners. Unfortunately, to move up to the cat3’s you need to look good on paper. In the long run, I’m not going to lose sleep over this. I have more important goals for this season, in races that don’t even compare to the JCs.

For Team Wear on Earth, even though not supporting the colors seeing it was pretty cold out, the team did very well overall. It showed that our winter training is paying off and we are going to have some strong riders this season. Mike K finished 13th in his group C race, Well done Mike. But the rest of the team is still waiting for full results. Ashton and I will probably be in the top 30, but only because the group was to bunched and we could not move up, unless we wanted to be rule breakers. Bruce as well had a solid effort, but missed out on some breaks, especially the one that happened at mile like 0.00000003 and turned out to be the winning move.

* Bruce (in red, center) not happy mike took his picture and decided to charge "mess with the bull get the horns"



‘Til next time, here’s a photo to enjoy that started off my trip to coxsackie, NY.




No comments:

Post a Comment